“What you can do, I cannot. What I can do, you cannot. But together, we can do something beautiful for God.” (Mother Theresa)
What We Do
Members of the parish serve as visitors, writers, callers, meal providers, drivers and odd jobbers for parishioners in need.
- Visitors provide friendly face-to-face conversations in homes.
- Writers send prayer, holiday, birthday and get-well cards.
- Callers phone parishioners once or twice a week.
- Meal providers prepare and deliver home-cooked meals.
- Drivers give rides to Sunday Mass, local appointments, and nearby stores.
- Odd jobbers assist with bills, forms, paperwork, simple chores, and light
The Caring Ministry at St. Catharine’s began in 2010 under the direction of Deacon Chris Hansen and with the approval Monsignor Rebeck. Our steering committee, consisting of Deacon Michael Lonie (Chairman), Vince Pizzolo, John Ratkoski, Luanna Morris, and Rosemarie Szilasi met for nearly one year to iron out details of the ministry.
Since then nearly two dozen St. Catharine parishioners have joined the ministry and many dozens of parishioners have been helped.
Open to: All parishioners
Meet: On an as-needed basis
Time: Dependent on person in need
Place: Dependent on person in need
Contact: Deacon Mike Lonie at 732-842-3963 option 9