Social Justice Committee
“This is what God asks of you, only this: to act justly, to love tenderly, and to walk humbly with your God.” (Micah 6:8)
What We Do
In response to the Gospel teachings, the Social Justice Committee works for charity and justice for all our sisters and brothers. To accomplish our goals, we rely on God’s help and direction in our prayer, reflection, education, work and community building. We serve St. Catharine’s parishioners by:
• Raising consciousness of the Catholic Church’s social teachings,
• Providing education and events to learn about and participate in social
• Distributing parishioners’ donations to worthy entities—locally, nationally
and worldwide, and
• Monitoring the recipient entities to determined continued need and good
use of the donations.
• Our Christmas Dinner provides a night out for clients served by the organizations we
support. Guests are treated to a home-cooked meal and music. There are also crafts for
children and a gift hand-delivered by Santa!
• Our annual Social Justice Ministry Fair allows orgnizations we support to showcase their work to St. Catharine’s parishioners to educate them and to solicit their personal involvement.
• Our Youth Group participates in days of “Summer Service” at some of the organizations we support. This helps our young people embrace a commitment to serving others.
For more information, please contact: Kathy McBurnie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-872-6463.