Social Outreach Committee
“This is what God asks of you, only this: to act justly, to love tenderly, and to walk humbly with your God.” (Micah 6:8)
What We Do
In response to the Gospel teachings, the Social Outreach Committee works for charity and justice for all our sisters and brothers. We serve by:
• Raising consciousness of the Catholic Church’s social teachings,
• Providing education opportunities to learn about and participate in helping the needy
• Raise funds and distribute donations to worthy entities in our area. Currently we provide financial support to Bayshore Lunch Program, Birthrigth, Calico Cat, Project Paul, St. Ann’s Child Care, St. Anthony of Padua/ Red Bank, The Center in Asbury Park
• Our Christmas Dinner provides a night out for clients served by the organizations we
support. Guests are treated to a home-cooked meal and music. There are also crafts for
children and a gift hand-delivered by Santa!
• Our Youth Group participates in days of “Summer Service” at some of the organizations we support. This helps our young people embrace a commitment to serving others.
For more information, please contact: Kathy McBurnie at email@example.com or 732-872-6463.