- Confess sins to God.
- Get to Confession when able
- Listen to what Pope Francis has to say: In a recent Mass, the Holy Father addressed not being able to go to confession because of the virus or another serious reason. He explained that in these times, we can go to God directly, be specific about our sins and request pardon, experiencing God’s loving forgiveness. Pope Francis quoted the Catechism, “It is very clear: if you do not find a priest to hear your confession, speak to God, He is your Father, and tell him the truth…..and added “Promise Him: ‘Later I will confess, but forgive me now.’ And immediately you will return to the grace of God.” These words offer us consolation and hope in this Lenten season as we continue our journey to His Passion and Resurrection…..so aptly put when the Holy Father said, “An act of contrition done well, and our souls will become white like the snow.”
NEW! Listen to Monsignor Rebeck’s Message, former Pastor of St. Catharine
THINGS YOU CAN DO TO PRACTICE YOUR FAITH:
- Watch 5th Sunday of Lent Liturgy
- Watch Holy Hour with Fr. Pat and Fr. Jakub
- Watch Stations of the Cross at St. Catharine
- Watch Daily Mass
- Watch Stations of the Cross composed by the Donovan Catholic Campus Ministry team for the COVID19 Pandemic
- NEW! See/Listen to “A Reflection On The Stations of The Cross” at St. Catharine
WATCH FR. JAKUB’S TEACHING VIDEOS:
MAKE SUNDAY THE LORD’S DAY:
- Set up a prayer space in your house – cover a table with a nice cloth, a candle and a Bible and perhaps add your favorite saint statue.
- Take time to pray as a family – remember all those affected and those who have died and their families. Ask each family member who they want to pray for such as health care workers, those making decisions for our well-being, the elderly who are home alone, etc.
- Read the Sunday Readings and discuss what stands out to you. Daily Readings are available from the US Bishops or “Give Us This Day” a magazine that is offering free digital subscriptions:
- Watch Livestream of Sunday Mass
- See Monitor article
- Make a Spiritual Communion:
- Read Fr. Pat’s homilies
- Love your neighbor!
- NEW! Spiritual Guidance Resources from Ascension Press
- Formed – view the Lent videos and other great videos
- Dynamic Catholic Best Lent Ever
- Our Daily Bread – Free Digital Subscription
- Better Together Marriage Enrichment
- Word On Fire Institute
you always shine on our path
as a sign of salvation and of hope.
We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick,
who at the cross took part in Jesus’ pain, keeping your faith firm.
You, Salvation of the Roman People,
know what we need,
and we are sure you will provide
so that, as in Cana of Galilee,
we may return to joy and to feasting
after this time of trial.
Help us, Mother of Divine Love,
to conform to the will of the Father
and to do as we are told by Jesus,
who has taken upon himself our sufferings
and carried our sorrows
to lead us, through the cross,
to the joy of the resurrection. Amen.
Under your protection, we seek refuge, Holy Mother of God. Do not disdain the entreaties of we who are in trial, but deliver us from every danger, O glorious and blessed Virgin.