Policies and Fees
The usual donation to the Church for the celebration of a wedding is $600.
The donation is due one month prior to the wedding and should be mailed to the Church or brought into the Parish Office.
The Wedding Day
Weddings usually take place on Saturday. There may be only TWO weddings scheduled on any given Saturday. The last scheduled wedding can be scheduled for 2:30PM. [MASS OR CEREMONY]
Weddings can also be scheduled for Fridays. There is only ONE scheduled wedding for a Friday afternoon at: 3:00pm, 3:30pm, 4:00pm or 4:30pm.
Please note: THERE ARE NO WEDDINGS ON SUNDAY.
Music, Cantor & Organist
- If there is any vocal music at all in your liturgy, you must have a cantor who has liturgical experience.
- If you choose an alternative to the organ, a bench fee of $100 is in effect.
Policy: Must use Church of St. Catharine organist or pay bench fee.
Policy: Church of St. Catharine cantor very strongly recommended. Contact music ministry with request for outside cantor before hiring. Must be experienced Roman Catholic cantor. This also applies to volunteer and friend/family cantors/soloists. Cannot guarantee fee for outside cantor.
Instrumentalist – arranged through St. Catharine’s music ministry
Policy: Optional. Request for these instrumentalists is made when discussing your music selections
Instrumentalist – arranged independently
Payment: Arranged between you and the musician.
Policy: Optional. Contact music ministry before making these arrangements. This also applies to volunteer and friend/family musicians.
Policies and Fees — Special Reminders
- We remind all couples who choose 2:30PM for a wedding that, the wedding, receiving line, and pictures afterward MUST be completed by 4:00PM.
- Unfortunately, because of the sad divisions in Christianity, we cannot extend a general invitation to receive Communion to those who are not Catholic. We do extend to them an invitation to join us in prayer.
- We remind all the couples about the necessity and importance of being on time. LATENESS is not only a disregard for the priest and your guests but also, it can interfere with other weddings or Church services scheduled for that day. In fact, we strongly urge the bride to arrive ten minutes early so that she and her wedding party can briefly relax and come to a moment of calmness before coming down the aisle.
- Photographers are permitted to take pictures during the ceremony. However, they are NOT permitted in the Sanctuary. Photographers should be chosen who know how to take pictures without distracting the congregation by their constant movement or by obstructing the view of the people. After the services, if there are to be any group pictures taken, the photographer must check with the priest as to the amount of time allotted for these pictures. One video operator is permitted but must remain in one position during the entire service. That position is on either side of the Sanctuary.
- NO rice, confetti, birdseed, or rose petals is to be thrown in front of the Church. It is not only an eyesore for the other weddings scheduled that day, but the rice has in fact, proven to be dangerous.
- Tobacco and alcohol are STRICTLY PROHIBITED on the grounds of Church of St. Catharine Church. Wedding couples are expected to inform guests of this restriction. The guests should refrain from the use of alcohol prior to the wedding rehearsal and ceremony so that the atmosphere is complementary to worship.