Church of St. Catharine Summer Religious Education Program
General Information, Rules & Procedures
Dominica Vullo – Coordinator
Dee Waggner & Joanne Chiusano – Secretaries
Office Phone Number & Email: 732-758-8568, firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Program Office Hours:
Monday – Thursday: 7:30 am–2:30 pm, Friday: 7:30 am-1:00 pm
Session I: Monday, June 24 – July 5, 2019 from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm (no class on July 4)
Session II: Tuesday, July 9 – July 19, 2019 from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- You must be a registered parishioner of the Church of St. Catharine.
- Registration is taken on a first come first served basis. (registration details are given in January)
- Grades 2 & 8 are not eligible for the summer program.
- All parents will be asked to sign a consent form agreeing to all eligibility requirements & program rules.
Religious Education Summer Program Rules:
All students are expected to arrive on-time and prepared for class. No late arrivals or early dismissals allowed.
- All students are expected to attend class each day. No absences allowed.
**New Traffic Pattern as per Holmdel Police Department**
Choice A – Drop-off/Valet:
Enter the parking lot, using only the “Middletown Road Entrance by the Chapel”. Follow the one-way traffic pattern around the back of the building and drop off your child/children at the Main (Atrium) Entrance of the Religious Education Building.
(PLEASE NO PETS – volunteers will not open car doors with a pet in the car.)
Choice B – Parking
Enter the parking lot, using only the “Middletown Road Entrance by the Chapel”. Park in the back parking lot and walk your child/children through the Back Entrance of the Religious Education Building.
(All PETS must remain in the car while you walk your child/children into the building.)
Click on the link below to review the new the traffic pattern map provided by Holmdel Police Department
Holmdel Police Traffic Map
All Classes will be dismissed intermittently by grade from the back of the Religious Education Building. (Please park your cars and meet your child/children at the Back Entrance.)
Cell Phone Policy:
All cell phones will be collected by the teacher before class begins and will be returned to the students at dismissal time. For any emergencies, please contact the Religious Education Office at 732-758-8568.
- www.stcatharine.net for all calendar and parent information, etc.
- All communications with parents/guardians will come via the website.
- We will send you an email alerting you to go to the website for any pertinent information or calendar changes.
In case of an emergency closing, we will post on the website and send out an email alert.
Fire/Evacuation & Lock Down Plans:
In case of an emergency, we have implemented a Fire, Evacuation & Lock Down Plans. During the course of each program we will run a test drill on the above plans. For further information please contact us at 732-758-8568.
Each child is given the books he/she needs. If a child loses a book, a fee of $20.00 will be charged to replace the book.
Peanut free snacks are provided during the summer program. If your child has any food allergies/special needs, please send a snack, labeled with his/her name on it. (Please do not send any snacks with peanut as an ingredient.)
All parents are expected to volunteer for a minimum of 2 hours per year. There are many opportunities for parents to be active and involved. Please contact us for information.
- Please be sure to notify us if any of your contact information changes, example: address, phone number, cell phone number, email address or emergency contact information.
- Please be sure to notify us if any of your child/children’s information changes, examples: learning, medical or allergy information.
Finding God Series, by Loyola Press.
www.findinggod.com (excellent family resource tool)
3 Lessons are learned each day.
- Lesson 1 = class time (1st chapter)
- Lesson 2 = prayer/music & yearly theme project/lesson
- Lesson 3 = class time (2nd chapter)
Talk to your child/children every day about what they learned. Reinforcing what your child learns, will ensure that they retain the information and also show the importance of the connection between home and class.
Prayer. Please establish prayer-time each day with your child/children. Help them to remember their prayers and to learn to talk with Jesus each day.
Parents are the Primary Educators of the Faith:
As the primary educators of your children and being the role models for their faith, it is important to attend Mass regularly so that what is taught at home and at religious education classes is reinforced in Church.
We can all make a difference in the life of a child!