Respect Life Ministry
What We Do
We strive to promote respect for life from the moment of conception to natural death. We put into action the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ (USCCB) Pastoral Plan by participating in prayer, extending pastoral care, providing education, and affecting public policy. We are in union with the USCCB and the Diocese of Trenton (DOT) https://www.dioceseoftrenton.org in proclaiming human life as a precious gift from God, with responsibilities to God, self and others. We are called to be active in society, with its laws and social institutions, to protect and nurture life at every stage of its existence.
Pastoral Care Resources
The following links provide life-saving and general information. If you prefer a call back or need more information or help regarding a particular situation, please call the parish (732-842-3963) and ask for a Respect Life member to contact you or call the Diocese at 609-403-7157 (Department of Pastoral Care).
This information is provided as a resource. No liability is assumed by the Diocese of Trenton or by St. Catharine’s Church.
The Diocese of Trenton has a Pregnancy Resource list, which includes resources for food, shelter, healthcare, specific crisis pregnancy aid, and safe haven information including Hotline numbers. https://www.dioceseoftrenton.org/pregnancy-resources
Pregnancy Health Issues:
If your doctor told you there is a high risk issue for you or your developing baby, you can contact St. Peter’s Hospital, the Regional Perinatal Center, New Brunswick, NJ, at 732- 745-8600. There are also resources for Natural Family Planning.
Infertility and Other Women’s Health Issues:
If you are struggling with infertility or other women’s health care issues, Gianna is The Catholic Healthcare Center for Women at 732-745-8600. Gianna specializes in natural procreative technology (napro technology). http://www.saintpetershcs.com/Services-Gianna-Center
Post-abortion—Hope and Healing:
Rachel’s Vineyard: www.rachelsvineyard.org or 877-HOPE 4 ME
For general Project Rachel resources, go to www.hopeafterabortion.org or 609-406-7435
National Office of Post Abortion Reconciliation & Healing: www.noparh.org or 800- 5 WE CARE
USCCB: www.hopeafterabortion.com or www.esperanzaposaborto.org (Spanish)
For information about weekend retreats through Project Rachel, contact Judy Warenkiewicz at 732-536-6871. All inquiries are strictly confidential.
- The US House of Representatives recently passed the Equality Act, and it has now moved over to the US Senate. If signed into law, this bill will increase the threat to the unborn and to our religious freedom. We need your help. The Bishops’ team of experts in law, legislation, regulation, and Catholic teaching have compiled an extensive analysis of this legislation, which we invite everyone to read, study and take action!
- Statement of the Catholic Bishops of New Jersey on the Reproductive Freedom Act
- Sign up for e-mail action alerts from New Jersey Right to Life at www.njrtl.org.
- Sign up for National Committee for a Human Life Amendment e-mail action alerts at https://www.humanlifeaction.org
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops at www.usccb.org/about/pro-life-activities/respect-life-program/
- NJ Catholic Conference
- See the latest stem cell research news at www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/human-life-and-dignity/stem-cell-research/index.cfm
Sign up for daily or weekly news e-mail at www.lifenews.com
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops at www.usccb.org/prolife
Open to: Parishioners who know or are willing to learn Catholic Church teaching and current sanctity of life issues and are able to share this information with clarity and charity within the framework of the USCCB, the Diocese of Trenton, and St. Catharine’s.
Meetings are on an as needed basis.
Contact: Mary Jane Saada at email@example.com